PRIVATE and UNLISTED Offers
This page describes the different visibility options for Offer
By default, an Offer is publicly available, this means:
- It can be retrieved by the public endpoint
GET /offers; and
- It is shown on the Venly Marketplace: https://venly.market/search (and any other marketplace integrating the Venly API).
- Users can search for the offer, view the offer, bid on an auction or buy the offer.
This means that any offer that you create through the API, will also be available on the Venly marketplace and all other marketplaces that use our marketplace API (they can retrieve this offer through the
If you do not want this behaviour (for example, you are creating a closed marketplace), you can change the visibility of the Offer.
The following options are available regarding the
visibilityof an Offer:
(NOTE) Only if the seller of the offer equals, or is a sub-user of, the logged in user (API Client owns the offer)
- PUBLIC Offers: are for Offers that can be shown / bought on any Marketplace integrating the Venly API
- UNLISTED Offers: are for Offers that can be shown / bought by a select audience (they need to know the
Offer.id), on any Marketplace integrating the Venly API.
- PRIVATE Offers: are Offers that are strictly private to yourself. Only the API client that created the Offer can also request / buy the Offer.
If you are creating a closed marketplace (offers can only be shown / sold on your own marketplace), you should always use the private visibility.
The visibility of an Offer can be set at creation time of the Offer, or changed later on.
visibilityparameter in the Offer creation request.
PATCH the offer the change its visibility
Retrieving only your own offers, can be done with the following call.
This returns all the
Offersfor which you are the SELLER, BUYER or BIDDER. You can filter these offers by using the