In this guide, we will be working with the Venly and Airtable integration on Zapier
We will create an automated workflow such that whenever a record is updated in a table, an NFT will be sent to the email or wallet address. The automated workflow will take care of minting and sending the NFT to an email or wallet.
You enter the NFT mint details in a table:
As a result, the NFT will be minted and sent to the wallet address or email:
- You should have completed the onboarding with Zapier. If not please click here.
- You should have a contract/collection with a
- You should have an account on Airtable. If not, click here to sign up.
- After you log into your Airtable account, you will arrive on the dashboard.
- Get started by clicking on Start from scratch.
Now we need to add the relevant columns in the table. All of the following columns will be of the type: Single line text. The very first column is a primary column and you can rename this to anything. In this example, we renamed it to NFTs.
It's important to add values in the first row, after you have created all the columns.
- First, change the name of your Base. In this example, it is Mint NFTs. (Rename to anything)
- Next, add a column with the name Contract ID. (This is the contract ID, which is in the response when you created the collection)
- Next, add a column with the name Fungible?. (This will indicate to mint fungible or non-fungible token)
- Next, add a column with the name Name. (The name of the NFT)
- Next, add a column with the name Description. (The description of the NFT)
- Next, add a column with the name Image URL. (The URL of the image of the NFT)
- Next, add a column with the name External URL. (Any external link to your website, landing page, etc.)
- Next, add a column with the name Mint Address/Email. (This is the destination wallet address or email for the NFT)
- Next, add a column with the name Mint Amount? (This represents the number of NFTs to mint)
- Next, add a column with the name time (This column will be of the type: Last modified time)
The time column has to be of the type: Last modified time.
You have successfully created a table with the required parameters. Next step is to configure Airtable with Zapier.
- Head over to your Zapier dashboard and click on +Create Zap.
- Click on the Trigger , search and click on Airtable
- Select the event as New or Updated Record and continue
- Connect your Airtable account with Zapier (A pop-up window will appear where you need to enter your Airtable login credentials and approve the Base which will have your table)
- Next, in the Trigger section, select your:
- Base as Mint NFTs
- Table as Table 1
- Timestamp Field as time
- Click Continue.
- Finally, click on Continue with selected record
This is the last step for configuring Airtable. The next step will be configuring Venly action.
- Next, we need to add the Venly action
- Search and click on Venly
- Choose the event as Create and Mint NFT and continue
- Next, add your Venly account to Zapier. Your account should already be visible if you previously created your contract. Click here to read how to add Venly account on Zapier.
For every action field, when you click on it a drop-down appears. Click on Custom and then proceed to select the relevant value. All values will be fetched from Airtable.
- Contract ID: This is the contract ID. From the drop-down menu, find the relevant field (Contract ID) and click on it to continue.
- Fungible: Next, from the drop-down menu select the relevant field (Fungible?). (_A false value means you will be minting NFTs)
- Name: This is the name of the NFT. From the drop-down menu select the relevant field (Name) .You can mint customized NFTs by adding a message and then merging it with the subscriber's name. In this example, we have manually added the message: "Welcome to Venly" and then added the "1. Name:". This will combine your message and the name of your subscriber that it fetches from Eventbrite.
Suppose your subscriber enters their name: "John". The name of the minted NFT will be: "Welcome to Venly John"
- Description: From the drop-down menu select the relevant field (Description).
- Image URL: From the drop-down menu select the relevant field (Image URL).
In this example we have created a customized image for the NFT. Our image looks like:
- External URL: This can be a link to your website or anything. From the drop-down menu select the relevant field (External URL).
- Mint Address: This is the wallet address or email where the NFT will be sent to. From the drop-down menu select the relevant field (Mint Address/Email). So here we are fetching the address field from Airtable.
The minted NFT will be sent to the wallet address provided or email. In case of email, the end-user will receive an email with complete instructions on how to create their wallet and view the NFT.
- Mint Amount: This is the number of NFTs you want to mint. From the drop-down menu select the relevant field (Mint Amount).
Finally click on Publish, and your Zap will be live.
Updated about 2 months ago