In this guide we will be working with the Venly and Mailchimp integration on Zapier.
We will create an automated workflow such that whenever a new subscriber joins your mailing list, they will be sent a personalized NFT. The automated workflow will take care of minting and sending the NFT to your subscriber's wallet.
The only input that is required from the subscriber is their:
- Email address
- Wallet Address (Must be of the same chain as your contract/collection)
A potential subscriber, subscribes to your mail list using Mailchimp form:
As a result, a customized welcome NFT will be minted and sent to the subscriber's wallet:
- You should have completed the onboarding with Zapier. If not please click here.
- You should have a contract/collection with a
- You should have an account on Mailchimp. If not, click here to sign up.
- Head over to your Mailchimp dashboard
- Under Audience, click on Signup forms
- Next click on the Select button next to Embedded forms (You can create forms any way you like)
For this example, we are going to create the signup form using the Embedded forms option.
- You'll be taken to a new page
- As you can see the Email Address form is already present
- Click on First name and enable it
- Next, click on Phone number and enable it
- Change the Display name field
- Change the Help text field
For this example we are configuring the Phone number field and changing its display text to "Polygon Wallet Address". You can change the text according to your contract's chain, in this case, it's Polygon.
- You can add additional fields if you like, but for this example we will continue with only three
- When done, click on Continue on the top right corner
- Finally, copy the HTML code and embed it into your website
- Now your potential subscribers should see a form like this:
- Head over to your Zapier dashboard and click on +Create Zap.
- Click on the Trigger , search and click on Mailchimp
- Select the event as New Subscriber and continue
- Connect your Mailchimp account with Zapier (A pop-up window will appear where you need to enter your Mailchimp login credentials)
- Next, in the Trigger section, select your audience and continue
- Finally, click on Continue with selected record
This is the last step for configuring Mailchimp. The next step will be configuring Venly action.
- Next, we need to add the Venly action
- Search and click on Venly
- Choose the event as Create and Mint NFT and continue
- Next add your Venly account to Zapier. Your account should already be visible if you previously created your contract. Click here to read how to add Venly account on Zapier.
- Contract ID: First you need to manually select your Contract ID. Just click on the drop down menu and your contract will be visible. Click on it to continue.
- Fungible: Next, manually set the Fungible property to False. (This means you will be minting NFTs)
- Name: This is the name of the NFT. You can mint customized NFTs by adding a message and then merging it with the subscribers name. In this example we have manually added the message: "Welcome to Venly" and then added the Merges FNAME. This will combine your message and the name of your subscriber that it fetches from Mailchimp.
Suppose your subscriber enters their name: "John". the name of the minted NFT will be: "Welcome to Venly John"
- Description: Add a customized message in the description for the NFT.
- Image URL: Enter the image URL for the NFTs.
In this example we have created a customized image, that will be minted as an NFT and sent to all the subscribers. Our image looks like:
- External URL: This can be a link to your website or anything.
- Mint Address: This is the wallet address where the NFT will be sent to. We have configured it to Merge Fields PHONE. If you remember, when we created the signup form we changed the display text for Phone number. So here we are fetching the Phone number field from Mailchimp, which is actually where the user will enter their wallet address. (Because we renamed it to Polygon Wallet Address)
- Mint Amount: This is the number of NFTs you want to mint. Here we manually set it to 1.
Finally click on Publish, and your Zap will be live.
Updated 18 days ago